No Holiday Closings at this time!
38 Hour Program
The 38-Hour Program consists of 30 hours of classroom (which includes the mandated 8-Hour Safe Driving Practices Program) and 8-hours on-the-road instruction. The State calls this course the Full Course of Driver Education. A CS-1 certificate will be issued upon completion of the course.
- Classes are broken down into 15 two-hour sessions
- Driving is broken down into 4 two-hour sessions
Anyone may take this program.
- You must be at least 16 years old to start per the State of Connecticut.
- You do not have to have your learner’s permit to start classes, but you do need to be at least 16 years old.
16 and 17 year olds
- In the State of Connecticut, if you want your license before you turn 18, you must have 70 hours of Driver Education. 30 Hours of classroom and 40 hours on the road.
- If you take the Full Course Program (38 Hour Program) with a driving school, you will then need, at a minimum, 32-hours on-the-road instruction with a qualified trainer (which for the most part will probably be your parents, although anyone that meets the qualified trainer requirements may take you out).
18 year olds and over are not required to take the full program but are welcome to.